Monday, December 19, 2011

Natural Odyssey

~Brittany~
Bonjour! :)
   One thing I love to do is travel. Staying in one spot begets a mindset of one who has lived their whole life in a box. I am logical to an extent and I adore the analytical, but I love creativity, it brings life and color into dull spaces. Therefore, I travel to learn and see other cultures, traditions, sights, whatever I can get my hands on. If you are not able to travel, at least read a book, but if you are, hop on the next plane and go somewhere! I plan on traveling in the next few days, however one thing i do not like is traveling with my hair out. That is a big no no for me (bad experience). So i put my hair in a protective style, pack my diva/prescription sunglasses, and fly out the states.

I hope they didn't think  I wanted them in the picture. Twists in Italy! 15 years young 



For those who don't know, protective styling is "any style that prevents the breakage/snagging of hair."You are protecting your hair from natural elements like weather, or even our clothes (scarves, turtlenecks). I can't stress the importance of this enough. My hair is protectively style 90% of the time. This style of styling allows the hair to take a break from constant manipulation like combing and brushing, and allows it to retain moisture better. I am not an avid weave wearer, but I'm not against it, and I think its a great way to try new styles. However, it's not for me on the daily. But when I'm traveling? Twist me up! I think braids/twists are a great way to protect your hair while staying pretty. To prepare for my travels, I put in twists.

They're so long! I underestimated the length of my actual hair, so we had to twist my hair past my waist so that my hair would be completely covered. It's a lot of hair but i like to make huge buns so it's perfect. More pictures after i come back will be up :) until then, Ciao! xoxo
God Bless
S/o to Gen for doing a great job :-*

1 comment: