Friday, December 23, 2011

Roxy's Favorite Hair Products That Don't Break The Bank :)

Hey Oh My Afro readers!!


I want to show you some of my favorite products that I used as I was transitioning and I still use today.
I love these products because they get the job done, and they're cheap! I am very picky with prices, I like to keep everything within my budget :)


$7, Wal-Mart
The shampoo and conditioner AVEENO NOURISH + MOISTURIZE are fabulous! It leaves your hair feeling so soft after you wash it, it's unbelievable because of how cheap it is. Doesn't give my hair the ultimate shine, but I have other products to show you for that. It leaves my hair clean, smelling great and feeling soft. The three things I NEED in my shampoo/conditioner. I love it! You can get it anywhere from Wal-mart to Sally's, just go to the shampoo aisle and find this hidden treasure.








$9, Sally Beauty Supply
I had been hearing for a while that Moroccan Oil is the "best thing on this earth for hair," giving it shine and moisture and magic-- whatever, it's not a good price. At all ($40). What?! I was not about to spend that much. So! I went to Sally's and got the best thing after it: ARGAN OIL. Some say it's an imitation, some say it's pretty much the same thing only a different name. Either way, I love what it does to my hair. Right after I wash my hair, I pour maybe a quarter size drop in my palms (I have a LOT of hair, start off with a little and then increase the amount), I spread it out and then apply it all over my hair. It smells good, not like perfume, but doesn't stink either. It gives my 'fro all the shine I want and a soft texture. When I put Argan Oil in my hair, I don't put anything else, I make my 'fro a puff, or just leave it out all wild and crazy. 


$5, Target




I've been using GARNIER FRUCTIS SLEEK & SHINE ANTI-FRIZZ SERUM since I used to straighten my hair. What I love the most is how it smells!!! I'm a big aroma person, my hair NEEDS to be smelling good all the time or I will freak out. If I want a poofy afro that doesn't really have "defined perfect curls" and instead it looks more like a sponge, then I use this product, spread it out all throughout my hair for a soft, perfumed and shiny 'fro. Make sure you always (ALWAYS) have some sort of amazing conditioner to nourish your hair because this product alone won't do it. Only use this every once in a while when you're in a rush and you're just going to have your 'fro out or in a puff or something :) 






$22, Ouidad.com
My favorite favorite favorite favorite products on this whole planet go by the name OUIDAD. I got introduced to them by my stylist because her salon is one of the certified places that can sell the product. I LOVE THEM!!! Especially the CLIMATE CONTROL HEAT & HUMIDITY GEL. Ahhhhhh, it's my magic potion. It's not even fair to call it a gel because it's not, it's just amazing. Whether I have a big event (like prom or a wedding) or just want my afro to be pretty for church or a party, this baby always has my back. Makes my curls PERFECT.... Seriously. It only takes me around 15 to 30 minutes to do my hair, depending on how defined I want the curls and if I'm in a rush or not. Later on I'll put a post up with a lot of instructional videos on how to use the Ouidad products from the Ouidad lady herself. GREAT products! Not too cheap, but definitely worth the price. I get mine at SEPHORA.COM for $38 and it's a bottle almost twice the size shown in this picture. I recommend you get it from there too, sometimes the shipping is free and you always get free samples with your order. 
Here is the link: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P269810&categoryId=B70


$25-$50, Sephora.com




My favorite "not-homemade-deep-treatment" is also a Ouidad product!!! The 12-MINUTE DEEP TREATMENT INTENSIVE REPAIR is wonderful. I always leave it on for more than 12 minutes, but 12 minutes is all it takes for you to see a radical change in your hair. If your hair isn't shining as before: get this! If your hair is feeling rough: get this! If your hair needs some loving: you need this! <3 








All comments are appreciated!! 
If you use great products that won't murder your wallet, 
post a comment with the name of it, I'll check it out and add it to this list as one of your favorite products :) 
Thank you!


With love,
Roxy
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment