Thursday, December 29, 2011

Brittany’s Regimen/Less than Fancy Favorites :)

Bonjour!

Since my hair is very different from Roxy’s hair type, I’d like to show you some of the hair products that I use that not only make my hair more manageable, but aid in maintaining the length and moisture that’s so critical to my hair.

My regimen is EXTREMELY simple. I’m not one to do much with my hair in terms of experimenting with various colors, etc, however I love my styles. I wash my hair once a week, and when I say wash I mean with shampoo, conditioner, my deep treatment, the whole pamper session! My shampoo’s are either Kinky Curly Come Clean or Yes to Carrots shampoo. I much prefer Yes To Carrots because although it does lather, it cleans my hair. I’m not to much of a fan of how Kinky Curly feels, however if I’m low on Yes to Carrots, Kinky I shall use.  I shampoo as many times as necessary until my hair is clean, which is usually once or twice.





After my shampoo session I detangle with Tresemme Naturals Moisture conditioner or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. These two conditioners are staples, they make detangling my hair a breeze. I’m not the type to pour a whole bunch of conditioner in my hair, so these bottles last me quite a while.



For a deep conditioner, I do my homemade honey deep treatments. Mix in honey with some oils or conditioner of your choice, warm it up in the microwave and I’m done. This recipe is online, I just modify it to my use. I put on a shower cap and walk around in my robe for an hour or two while it does it’s thing. I used to use brand name treatments, but I’m still searching for one that screams “I’m the one girl your search is over!” For now, my honey does me justice.





Voila! My pamper session is over. After this I use either my Giovanni Leave-in Conditioner, Homemade recipe, or shea butter/jojoba mix and I’m done. My hair is usually in twists, braids or cornrows and that lasts me a while. One go-to hairstyle I’ve grown to love is the high bun since my hair is long enough to do so now.  If I do a bun, I use shea butter mixed with jojoba oil, tie down a satin scarf, and wake up with smooth hair. I do style my hair often though, those will come later ;)

















My hair is not difficult to manage, nor is it extremely time consuming. It took patience, but I finally learned to listen to my hair, and I take care of it according to it’s feel and needs. That’s it!
Haiti! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment