Thursday, December 15, 2011

OMA! Man Of The Month! December

Krantzy, 20 

1.) First off, are you aware of anything that has to do with natural hair?
  Well. I know what a perm is. Apparently it makes black peoples hair look like a white people’s hair.


2.) So, how do you feel about a girl with an afro?
Dang, watch yourself! That’s my response. Man, That’s different, that’s cool. Its like huh…..at first, it doesn’t really catch me cause typically you wait for the day she busts out with weave or perm so after a year you don’t see that your like dang, what’s up! It takes some time for the true affect to kick in cause it could just be like oh she’s just going for that look but no, that’s her actually hair. It catches my attention.


3.) What are you attracted to, mainly physically, in a girl?
Uh….I’ll tell you what I’m not attracted to. If I have to go grab a ladder, like a mini ladder for me to climb up to her so I can be the same height. Other than that, I am attracted to hair. (laughter) I want you to understand I’m not limited to this, AT ALL! (added emphasis) but this is the truth! Picture jasmine from Aladdin, like fair skin long black hair, the tint of her skin matches strong colors. Nice big eyes, not too big like ET, but strong eyes. But I’m talking about midnight long black flowing hair, thick, yet not thick. Just Black! On her Back! I can accept ponytail hair though.


4.) How do you feel about girls with weave?
I mean if I never came to Southern Adventist University I would’ve been alright, but now? Its gonna take me getting used to. I don’t see it enough over here, at all. I haven’t been around weave so I don’t think about it, I see it time to time, but I’m not around it. So I’m not gonna “not” talk to a girl who has weave, but it would take some getting used to.


5.) Would you prefer to run your fingers through your girl's hair or grab it?
Woooaaahhh!!! Slow down there [laughter]….Grab it.


6.) What matters most, how her hair smells or how her hair feels?
Dang! That’s a good one. Hmmmm…dang…dang…….I would have to say smell. Yeaaa….because if I touch it and it feels like mine, I’m just not gonna bother with it. I wont touch it anymore, I’ll be cool with it, just as long as it doesn’t smell like dirty rug or burnt tires. But if it smells good, I’m good. It can feel like mine, but it can’t stink.


7.) How do you feel about girls who go bald for the sake of being natural?
[Laughter] Man. If it’s for a good cause I’m down with it. But if its just for the heck of it, I'm not down for it. Like what the freak? Nah. I’ll supply the wig.


8.) How do you feel about a girl who has extremely kinky hair versus a girl with loose curls.
Both are treated as equal to me. I’m down for both. (looks at my picture) Oh yea. Yea I’m down.


9.) Would you prefer an extreme amount of hairstyles or the same two or three hairstyles all the time?
Hmm…I’ve never thought about that. Well, since I’ve never noticed, it doesn’t matter, but wait with all those hairstyles come money!! (Me: No its not I do my own hair.) Well then. Different hairstyles, but please not every day. I envision myself making a joke with my wife about how she never changes her hair. So I’d like a little change up from time to time.


10.) How do you feel about color?
Radar! Radar! My guy radar goes off! I mark her. You know when you’re studying a textbook and you highlight certain things that stand out to you? She stands out mostly on a dangerous extreme yo this girl is a wild one. For me, yea, I like bad chicks. That’s a good thing. I’m just kidding, I like them all, color, honestly, it depends on the color. So it can be good or bad. Normal colors, something that looks natural, that’s cool. Blue, Rihanna red, no, you’re looking for a Chris brown. 


11.) If your girlfriend is thinking about going natural would you encourage or discourage it? Big chop, slow transition, or weave?
 I would encourage it. But you better weave that thing up!


12.) Are you more discouraging of different skin tones going natural?
NO.






Interview by Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment